Established in 1995 by respected Dunedin designer, Brent Alexander, thedesignstudio is an award-winning architectural practice. We are professional members of ADNZ, and licensed building practitioners.
Driven by a desire to ‘improve our clients’ world through smart design’ we wanted to reject the mediocrity of the houses that litter our urban landscape by creating durable, energy efficient and well-considered buildings that reflect the character of the people who live in them.
Our aim to provide a quality design service for a fair price is genuine; one that bridges the gap between low-end volume housing and crazy-expensive high-end homes.
Our clients understand the benefits of working with a skilled designer. They tell us they appreciate our easy to deal with approach and the way we listen to them so they get what they want and not necessarily what we want them to have.
Our design philosophy is as much about function as aesthetics. Every project centres around stylish and practical design, and creating value for our clients.
Your new home, alteration or building project will cost pretty much the same whether it’s well designed or not. So for the same money why wouldn’t you get some expert advice from thedesignstudio at the start to make sure you get the best finished result?
thedesignstudio has successfully completed hundreds of both residential and commercial projects, and built a reputation for creativity, reliability and professionalism.
- quality new homes and holiday houses
- sympathetic alterations to existing homes
- custom kitchens & bathrooms
- built-in joinery, interior finishes and lighting design
- retrofitted buildings
- apartments, offices and mixed use spaces
- bar fitouts and café design
- commercial and industrial buildings big and small
- applications for building consent and resource consent – dealing with Councils
- project administration and site observation